McDowell & Co Limited t/a Leemic (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we will store and handle that data and how we will keep it safe
Should you have any questions about any part of this policy, please send an email to email@example.com
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), We are the data controller
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in any of our forms.
- When you purchase any of the following – products we supply, service agreements, lease contracts, toner cartridges or other consumable items such as staples.
- When you contact us by any means, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to complete them.
- When you place an order with us.
- When you book a service call with us.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access.
- When you engage with us on Social Media
- When you have given a third-party permission to share your data with us.
- We collect data from publicly-available sources when you have given your consent to share information or where the information is available by law.
- When you visit our premises, we have CCTV in operation which may record your image during your visit.
Types of Personal Data we Collect
- Name, email addresses, business addresses, copies of orders and contact telephone numbers are all kept on our systems.
- The equipment you use, what you use it for and what you need to be able to do with your equipment
- Your current expenses relating to all Printer related costs.
- Your image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit our premises.
- Your social media user name if you interact with us through social media to allow us to respond to comments and feedback.
How and Why we use your personal data
We want to provide the best service possible whilst making sure we are competitively priced. Because of this, we collate this data with your permission, to allow us to build a picture of your needs. We are then able to tailor our products and services, ensuring that all communication we have with you, is of interest to you.
The data privacy law allows us to do this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers’ needs and providing the highest possible level of service.
If you choose not to share your personal data or refuse to allow certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some of the services you would be interested in or have asked for.
We will use your data for the following reasons:
- To process any orders throughout the duration of your contract with us
- To obtain meter readings from your equipment which enables us to invoice you accordingly
- To respond to any queries you have
- To process payments either from you or to you.
- If we discover any criminal activity or suspected criminal activity we will process your data for the purpose of preventing any unlawful acts.
- To send you relevant, communications about a legitimate interest
- To send you any communications we are required to send by law
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by either electronic means (e-mail or SMS) or via telephone with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you and will be of a legitimate interest to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means or telephone, if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Internally your data is stored on a select few systems, each of which are password protected and regularly backed up.
Additionally, all of our systems security is heavily monitored through both our in-house IT Manager and an external agency we employ to assist with this.
Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
You have the right to request the following:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you. This is free of charge in almost all circumstances.
- The correction of incomplete or out of date data
- That we stop using your data for direct marketing purposes – you can specify specific channels or request we stop all together
- Copies of any information we hold about you in our company.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.